SUPERVISED BY: San Mateo SBDC Center Director
LOCATION: San Mateo, CA
HOURS: Non Exempt, Full Time, 12 months/year
Salary: $62K to $73K based on experience and qualifications
The San Mateo SBDC is housed at Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center. Renaissance transforms lives and communities through entrepreneurship. Our mission is to transform lives and communities through entrepreneurship.
The Program Coordinator position is a full-time position. The job offers a competitive benefits package, including group health, dental, and vision. The schedule for this position is 35 hours per week, Monday through Friday, with varied schedules/occasional weekend and evening hours.
The Program Coordinator will be responsible for various tasks and projects central to the sound operation of the Center. Reporting to the SBDC Director, this position will have a primary role in ensuring the SBDC operates according to plan. This position will work closely with the SBDC Director on management and reporting, special project deployment, event and meeting planning, oversight and development of policies and procedures, etc. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, resourceful, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and be well-versed in professional/technical writing and multitasking.
Funding for the San Mateo SBDC programs comes from the federal Small Business Administration (SBA) and the California Office of the Small Business Advocate (CalOSBA). Humboldt State University has hosted the SBDC program since January 2006. While the continuation of this position is foreseen for years to come, all San Mateo SBDC positions are contingent on continued federal and state funding. This is not a state or federal position.
Note: The SM SBDC team works at least three days per week in the San Mateo office and makes on-site visits to client businesses or partner locations as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In partnership with Director, develop and maintain cooperative working relationships and partnerships with other staff and contractors within the region.
- Work with the Program Director to meet and monitor the outcomes of the SBDC Program by proactively participating in data tracking and other efforts to gauge programmatic success.
- Plan and execute strategic projects and events in collaboration with staff and partners.
- Introduce entrepreneurs and potential business owners to economic development resources.
- Assist with marketing SBDC services to prospective clients in person and on online platforms.
- Serve as the initial point of contact with prospective clients and guide clients through the application process for services.
- Assist with quarterly and annual programmatic/fiscal reporting and billing processes.
- Support with program audits and maintenance of client files
- Reconcile event records in the database tracking system
- Process payment requests for business advisors
- Assist director, advisors, and other staff as assigned
Candidates who do not meet at least the requirements below may not be considered without special explanation:
- Available to work in the San Mateo office and perform outdoor client outreach
- Available to attend regional NorCal SBDC meetings within Northern California (Santa Cruz- Humboldt) 2-3 times yearly
- Must be proactive and able to problem solve independently and collaboratively with colleagues
- Strong ability to deal with ambiguity and circumstances that change rapidly
- Takes a positive approach to challenges
- Proficient in the use of Google Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, webinar software, and cloud computing software proficiently and creatively
- Experience managing a database and learning new software applications
- Detailed-oriented with excellent organizational and multitasking capabilities
- Enjoys building efficient, user-friendly, and results-oriented workflows and processes.
- Demonstrates intermediate-level project management skills and can communicate efficiently about project progress and goals
- Ability to independently conduct online research and execute good judgment
- Comprehends and interprets written materials of moderate to complex difficulty
- Possess excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Must possess an AA or Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited university or the equivalent in 4 years or more of sufficient and progressively responsible office coordination and customer service experience
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate two or more of the following in addition to the minimum qualifications above:
- You have a BA/BS in Business Administration, Contract Management, a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- You are proficient in written and verbal communication in English and Spanish.
- You have ties to San Mateo County
- You have previous experience or a strong interest in managing social media marketing
- You have previous experience working with federal and/or state grants and/or government-funded programs
- You have previous experience working in an administrative support role
- You have previous experience with the Small Business Development Center Program
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary range of $62-$73K based on experience and qualifications. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid time-off, holidays, and a wonderful team of colleagues and clients.
- Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- attn: Nora Razon, San Mateo SBDC Director
- Please note “SBDC Center Coordinator” as the subject line of your email.
- No telephone calls or personal inquiries, please.
Application Deadline: June 12th, 2023 (position open until filled; applications reviewed on a rolling basis)
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center believes in the dignity and rights of all persons. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusiveness with respect to age, AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, color, creed, disability, domestic partner status, ethnicity, gender identity, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, and physical abilities. Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.
Renaissance (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 36 years by helping lower-income women and men start and grow their own businesses, transforming the lives of their owners, and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates multiple program centers and off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.