SUPERVISED BY: San Mateo SBDC Center Director
LOCATION: San Mateo, CA
HOURS: Full Time, 12 months/year
Salary: $60K to $70K based on experience and qualifications
The San Mateo SBDC is housed at Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center. Renaissance transforms lives and communities through entrepreneurship. Our mission is to transform lives and communities through entrepreneurship.
The Project Coordinator position is a full-time position. The job offers a competitive benefits package, including group health, dental, and vision. The schedule for this position is 35 hours per week, Lunes through Viernes, with varied schedules/occasional weekend and evening hours.
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for various tasks and projects central to the sound operation of the Center. Reporting to the SBDC Director, this position will have a primary role in ensuring the SBDC operates according to plan. This position will work closely with the SBDC Director on management and reporting, special project deployment, event and meeting planning, oversight and development of policies and procedures, etc. The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, resourceful, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, and be well-versed in professional/technical writing and multitasking.
Funding for the San Mateo SBDC programs comes from the federal Small Business Administration (SBA) and the California Office of the Small Business Advocate (CalOSBA). Humboldt State University has hosted the SBDC program since January 2006. While the continuation of this position is foreseen for years to come, all San Mateo SBDC positions are contingent on continued federal and state funding. This is not a state or federal position.
Note: This will be a hybrid position; with at least two days per week in our offices and on-site visits to client businesses or partner locations as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
In partnership with Director, develop and maintain cooperative working relationships and partnerships with other staff and contractors within the region.
- Work with Program Director to monitor outcomes of the SBDC Program
- Assist with marketing SBDC services to prospective clients in person and via online platforms.
- Process payment requests for consultant
- Assist with quarterly and annual programmatic/fiscal reporting and billing processes
- Assist with preparation of grant proposals
- Reconcile event records in the database tracking system
- Support with program audits and maintenance of client files
- Assist Directors and other staff as assigned
Candidates who do not meet at least the requirements below may not be considered without special explanation:
- Computer skills required including proficiency in Google Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, webinar software, and cloud computing
- Ability to conduct online research, manage a database, and learn new software applications
- Willing to travel for events within Northern California
- Read, comprehend and interpret written materials of moderate to complex difficulty
- Ability to learn new, complex topics easily
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills
- Detail-orientated with excellent organizational and multi-tasking abilities
- AA or Bachelor’s Degree preferred from an accredited university or the equivalent in 4 years or more of sufficient and progressively responsible office coordination and customer service experience
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate two or more of the following in addition to the minimum qualifications above:
- BA/BS in Business Administration, Contract Management, a related discipline, or equivalent experience
- Proficient in written and verbal communication in English and Spanish.
- Previous experience or strong interest in managing social media marketing
- Previous experience working with federal and/or state grants and/or government funded programs
- Previous experience working in an administrative support role
- Previous experience with the Small Business Development Center Programs
Salario y prestaciones: Competitive salary range of $60-$70K based on experience and qualifications. Generous benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid time-off, holidays, and a wonderful team of colleagues and clients.
Proceso de aplicación:
- Please send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- attn: Nora Razon, San Mateo SBDC Director
- Please note “SBDC Center Coordinator” as the subject line of your email.
- No telephone calls or personal inquiries, please.
Application Deadline: January 10th, 2023 (position open until filled; applications reviewed on a rolling basis)
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center believes in the dignity and rights of all persons. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusiveness with respect to age, AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, color, creed, disability, domestic partner status, ethnicity, gender identity, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, and physical abilities. Renaissance considera a todos los solicitantes de empleo calificados y cumple con la Ordenanza de San Francisco Fair Chance al abordar los registros de arrestos y condenas en las decisiones de contratación.
Renaissance (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 36 years by helping lower-income women and men start and grow their own businesses, transforming the lives of their owners, and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates multiple program centers and off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.