Position: Fulltime Program Manager, Exempt
Schedule: 35 hours per week, Monday -Friday, occasional evenings and weekends
Reports to: Program Director, Women’s Business Center & SoMa Programs
Location: 275 5th Street, San Francisco, California, 94103
Renaissance seeks a Program Manager to deliver a wide range of programs and services, playing a key role in developing the programs and collaborative community relationships at Renaissance’s U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) Women’s Business Center and South of Market Programs. Our Program Manager offers proven experience in program design and management, and leadership in collaborating and working with diverse clients and community stakeholders. The Program Manager will spearhead and execute the planning of our yearly business training calendar and supervise the coordination of the training registrations and marketing, ensuring smooth onsite and online service offerings. They will work closely with Renaissance business instructors and support the onboarding and contracting process. This full-time, exempt position is ideal for a proactive, analytical, and innovative thinker with a passion for economic justice and an appreciation for the needs and contributions of our diverse client population. This position requires excellent organizational skills, the ability to work independently, patience and compassion in direct client work, and timeliness with strict program and administrative timelines.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 37 years by helping under-resourced individuals start and grow their own businesses, transforming their lives and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates six program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
This is a hybrid position: The Program Manager’s schedule is generally traditional business hours, M-F, on-site in our offices at least twice a week. However, occasional evening and weekend hours will help our new colleague represent Renaissance and connect to the community through our programs, partner and community events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the planning, scheduling, and promotion of SoMa and WBC’s trainings, workshops and consulting services (based on contractual agreements and grant deliverables).
- Produce our annual program goals and service calendar (Vision Tracker), update and present progress to the team quarterly.
- Work collaboratively with the Director to determine appropriate trainings and workshops in English and Spanish, work with expert consultants to create and refine curriculum for multiple stages and facets of business launch, operation, and sustainability, and respond to client needs and shifting business environment.
- Recruit, train, manage, and evaluate instructors and volunteers who deliver client services.
- Support team with our consultant contracts and expectations; schedule meetings with facilitators/instructors periodically to review training/program expectations and provide class feedback.
- Organize and plan Renaissance WBC/SoMa events including graduations, networking events, and marketplaces.
- Plan and launch our Business Planning Classes (3 times a year) and Plan de Negocios (2 times a year) including outreach and marketing, application process, client support and communications, program administration, meeting with facilitators, tracking client consultations, and the successful completion of each class.
- Teach or facilitate workshops on the topics of small business fundamentals, finance, and marketing as needed.
- Manage on-demand/Enhancement Program trainings including updating curriculum, communicating with clients, promoting and marketing these programs, using Kajabi platform.
- Manage our volunteer (pro bono) programs including planning and facilitating our Pop-Up Advisors event in collaboration with the Women’s Leadership Council, and recruiting Business Plan Review volunteers for all Business Plan cohorts.
- Work with existing partners on programming and outreach, and identify new partners for collaborative opportunities.
- Provide Renaissance informational sessions at partner and community organizations and table at their events.
- Oversee marketing, outreach and communication efforts while ensuring US SBA standards, working with the Marketing Coordinator and any marketing consultants to align with Renaissance branding .
- Assist with the creation of flyers, newsletters, and social media graphics as needed. Update program content on the website and provide feedback to improve client experience.
- Provide client assessment as needed and assist clients with small business grant applications
- Assist the Director with grant writing, including renewals, reporting, and data compilation as needed.
- Manage the WBC/SoMa policies and procedures documents, updating as needed.
- Collect client post-training surveys and evaluate trainings and instructors.
- Co-manage the onboarding of third-party consultants: process contracts and W9 forms for billing purposes.
- Attend weekly and monthly team meetings
- Work directly with and supervise evening program staff
- Open our trainings and provide a brief overview of Renaissance as an organization; facilitate community networking events and client meetings as needed.
- Assist with monthly third-party consultant invoices and check requests, communicate invoice updates or reminders to consultants, work closely with the Finance department to abide by strict grant billing deadlines.
- Provide additional administrative support for WBC/SoMa Programs.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of five years experience and comfort with the inner workings of small businesses in multiple industries and diverse communities (or similar industries)
- Expertise in project management for entrepreneurial programs; experience working with small business owners, understanding of adult learning, support in curriculum development and online instruction highly desirable
- Comfort working in a small, highly communicative, collaborative, fast-paced and mission-driven organization. Ability to manage and inspire staff and to work well in a team.
- Experience and comfort with Google Platform, Canva, Zoom, Kajabi, client databases, and government reporting portals a plus.
- Ability to convey information to diverse audiences; strength in writing clearly and concisely, and in making presentations to individuals and groups
- Experience working in a nonprofit organization and/or understanding of managing grant-funded programs, budgets, deliverables
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree(s) welcome but not required
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Familiarity with San Francisco’s culture, local government, non-profit, and agencies a plus.
- Availability for a flexible schedule, including some evening and occasional weekend hours as needed to travel to off site trainings, client business sites, and community events
- Can do, proactive, problem-solving attitude combined with passion for Renaissance’s mission, vision and client base.
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time, exempt position. Competitive salary ($80,000-$85,000 based on experience) and generous benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, holidays, and a great group of colleagues and clients.
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “SoMa/WBC Program Manager” as the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries, please.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity with respect to age, ancestry, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, sexual orientation, veteran status and physical abilities.
Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the California Fair Chance Act in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.