Position: Fulltime (North San Mateo County) Program Assistant
Schedule: 35 hours per week, Monday -Friday, occasional evenings and weekend
Reports to: North County Program Manager
Location: South San Francisco
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center seeks a Program Assistant to support the outreach and programming efforts of our site in South San Francisco, at the Economic Advancement Center. Our ideal new teammate will engage with clients and community partners enthusiastically while promoting our programs and services, take pride and ownership in their work, and be passionate about business, community, and economic development, particularly in communities of color. This is a client-facing role that would benefit from a bilingual candidate – ideal candidates would be fluent, enthusiastic about outreach, meeting clients directly in their place of business and throughout the community.
Renaissance (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit working to create sustainable economic development through small business ownership. Across the Bay, we deliver high-quality business training support services to socially and economically diverse men and women starting and expanding microenterprises. We provide programming through innovative collaborations with JobTrain and other San Mateo County service providers at the Economic Advancement Center in South San Francisco, the Economic and Employment Center in North Fair Oaks, and the Opportunity Center of the Coast in Half Moon Bay. We host the San Mateo Small Business Development Center (SBDC) to provide business support services to entrepreneurs across the economic spectrum.
The 35-hour work week for this position is generally 10:30am-6:30pm, M-F, on-site in downtown South San Francisco, with the ability to travel to other parts of North San Mateo County. Later evening support may be required for workshop assistance and events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support day-to-day administration and implementation of the programming in South San Francisco, on- and off-site, managing intake processes, reconciling supporting documents, doing data entry and monitoring data quality, and managing schedules and calendars, with occasional later evening support for starting and managing classes.
- Be informed about Renaissance programs and services, staff and event schedules, to provide information and assistance to new and existing clients.
Outreach & Intake
- Conduct active outreach to businesses and potential clients through tabling at events, city walks, texting, and other methods to inform about Renaissance services in North San Mateo County
- Conduct ongoing outreach to businesses and potential clients via social media and other online activities
- Act as the first point of contact for the Renaissance program at the EAC and specifically supporting the intake process by meeting with clients at the office to do intake paperwork and sign up for classes, and be fully responsible for data entry and document management for client data, including occasional troubleshooting of registration and technical issues
- As needed, design and generate content and outreach materials
- As needed, contribute to the design and creation of content for Renaissance Peninsula’s social media
- Passion for entrepreneurship and economic development; particularly for diverse communities.
- Excellent organization skills and detail orientation.
- English/Spanish bilingual capacity.
- Experience organizing and executing events.
- Enjoyment in engaging with prospective clients, business owners and community members on the phone, in person, on- and off-site.
- Creativity and comfort with social media; experience with Google platform, Canva, and Zoom.
- Ability to work on-site in South San Francisco, and for occasional travel for client outreach, programs and events at client businesses and partner organizations.
- Experience in and/or familiarity with South San Francisco or North San Mateo County communities is strongly preferred.
Salary and Benefits: This is a full-time, non-exempt, 35-hour/week position. Competitive salary (Hourly $24.73-$30.22 based on experience) and generous benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, holidays, and a great group of colleagues and clients.
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note “SSF Program Assistant” as the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries, please.
Renaissance believes in the dignity and rights of all persons. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusiveness with respect to age, AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, color, creed, disability, domestic partner status, ethnicity, gender identity (transgender status), marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, height and weight, and veteran status. Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.
Renaissance (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 36 years by helping lower-income women and men start and grow their own businesses, transforming the lives of their owners, and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates multiple program centers and off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area