Position: Office Systems Coordinator
Reports to: Facilities and Operations Manager
Works with: Finance, Operations, and HR team
Location: San Francisco, CA
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is seeking a professional, customer service- and detail-oriented Office Systems Coordinator. Our ideal new teammate embraces technology and systems, and enjoys thinking creatively to help teams work better. They take pride in ensuring quality infrastructure and facilities for our programs, clients, tenants, and staff. They enjoy being organized, detail oriented, working collaboratively, and keeping multiple, heavily-used web and hardware-based systems up-to-date and humming.
Renaissance (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit working to create sustainable economic development through small business ownership. Renaissance owns our own 24,000 sq ft building in SOMA, which is the site of our headquarters as well. Our Office Systems Coordinator will handle logistics to keep the building operating smoothly for the staff, tenants, clients and guests on a daily basis. Our SOMA, East Palo Alto, Richmond, and Bayview sites host over 50 small business tenants in entrepreneurial communities; our Office Systems Coordinator will support facility and tech needs within these communities as needed.
** Note: During the current Coronavirus Pandemic, Renaissance is adhering to health and safety social distance protocols; all staff are currently working a hybrid schedule where they work from home and in the office in such a way that we minimize interpersonal physical contact as much as possible. As protocols are adjusted and the pandemic reality evolves, more staff will be coming into the office more often. This position–as it is facility and reception intensive–is predominantly an in-person role based in San Francisco.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reception and Office Coordination:
- Work with Facilities and Operations Manager to ensure smooth functioning of Renaissance Operations; maintain hardware- and web-based systems, vendor relations, supplies and other components to support our entrepreneurial community
- Lead processing of accounts payable; coordinating with Finance to code and process billing for utilities, operational systems, purchasing
- Liaise between Facilities and Operations Manager and Finance Department to ensure accurate tenant billing and accounts receivable (parking spaces, mail services, use of facility, and unit rent + incidentals)
- Screen and direct building guests, visitors, technicians, and contractors. See ** Note
- Field all incoming phone calls to Renaissance’s main line. Check and respond to voice mails on an hourly basis
- Receive all building mail/packages and process outgoing mail
- Monitor surveillance cameras; enforce health, safety, and security policies including supporting Facilities and Operations Manager with loss prevention
- Maintain a clean and professional building environment, including interfacing with building maintenance contractors, purchasing, scheduling, and delivery coordination of maintenance supplies and office supplies for all organizational sites
- Ensure classrooms and conference rooms are outfitted with properly working technology and furniture to support Renaissance programs and outside/tenant rental
- Provide support for additional organization departments as well as events as needed
- Support Facilities and Operations Manager with ad-hoc projects
- Act as a first point of contact for tenant communications and relations
- Help retain and attract new tenants, maintaining Renaissance SOMA building entrepreneurial community. Market office space, meeting and conference spaces, parking spots, and short-term space rentals on web rental platforms such as Craigslist and LiquidSpace
- Conduct monthly walkthrough audits of SOMA building (furniture, technology, fixtures, etc.) and perform annual audit of tenant files across all sites
- Maintain and update all tenant documents (leases, rate agreements, manuals, etc.;) perform annual audit of tenant files for all tenants across sites; and keep tenant and vacancy lists and information up-to-date in all physical and web-based locations
Systems and IT Support:
- Act as a first point of contact for IT and tech-related staff needs
- Administrate online platforms including users, system functionality, and installation as needed
- Provide technology training for new and existing staff (phone system, calendars, G suite, meeting software, etc.)
- Track users and systems, including but not limited to: hardware deployment and location, application/system licenses, and login/installation processes
- Troubleshoot systems and technology issues for staff and communicate with the Facilities and Operations Manager, and/or our IT consultants as appropriate
- Research, analyze, and report out on technology solutions to operational issues across programs and sites
- Communicate with staff in a clear, concise manner regarding scheduling of and context for network and hardware updates
Renaissance’s Technology Platforms include among others: Box.com, Vistashare, G Suite, Bill.com, Salesforce, Monday.com, DocuSign, Adobe Creative Cloud, Constant Contact, Zoom.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (verbal and written) and a can-do attitude with follow-through
- Customer service orientation – A natural listener and problem-solver who can decipher staff, tenant and concerns and find solutions and resolution
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with diverse colleagues and clients
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to manage many moving parts and complex systems; flexibility and comfort in a fast-paced, changing environment and community
- Knowledge of Excel and MS Office; Adobe Acrobat DC; G Suite; DocuSign; remote meeting software; and project management software all required; property management software knowledge a plus
- Passion for economic justice and an understanding of the role that systems, details and technology play in expanding our impact
- Spanish language capacity is a plus
- Prior experience in property management and/or work with commercial tenants a plus
Compensation: This full time, non-exempt position includes a competitive salary ($60-65K) based on experience with generous benefits that include medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, holidays, and a great group of colleagues and clients!
Application Process: Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please note “Office Systems Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusiveness with respect to age, ancestry, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical abilities, race, religion, sexual orientation, and veteran status.
Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.