Position: Marketing and Communications Manager
Reports to: Director of Development and Communications
Works with: CEO, Program Teams, Data and Evaluation staff, consultants
Location: San Francisco, CA
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic marketing professional to advance our impact by leading the organization’s marketing effort. The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for the creation and implementation of strategic marketing initiatives for Renaissance. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with excellent cross-cultural communication skills, as well as excellent writing and copy-editing abilities. The position is responsible for marketing Renaissance and its programs and services as the “go to place” for small business throughout the Bay Area.
Renaissance brings the power of entrepreneurship to lower-income communities and populations by providing access to training, resources, and on-going support needed to start and grow sustainable small businesses. Our work demonstrates that through small business ownership, individuals who face systemic barriers to economic opportunity due to race, gender, sexual orientation, income level, immigration status, or former incarceration can achieve economic mobility, create better futures for themselves and their families, and play pivotal roles in building local economic prosperity.
Note: During the current coronavirus pandemic, Renaissance is adhering to health and safety social distance protocols; all staff are currently working from home. As protocols are adjusted and the pandemic evolves, this position will be primarily based in San Francisco, California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The Marketing and Communications Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing the success of organizational marketing initiatives. Some of the typical duties and responsibilities include:
- Implementing marketing strategies to build brand awareness, increase engagement, advance fundraising efforts, and support programs/internal communication needs.
- Developing and editing messaging across all marketing channels (social media, press releases, monthly newsletters, blogs, web content, media alerts).
- Building out and maintaining Renaissance’s social media presence; management and maintenance of organization website.
- Working collaboratively with staff across all teams to ensure all communications reflect identity and branding consistently across all sites, media, and external communications.
- Creating templates, marketing collateral, and digital assets, including but not limited to messaging, layout, graphic design, and content resources.
- Leading and training staff on organization marketing initiatives and style guide.
- Serving as an internal marketing resource to staff.
- Creating and maintaining editorial and events calendars to inform marketing campaigns, social media, and organization activities.
- Implementing a digital marketing strategy for both external and internal audiences; fundraising appeals, and event marketing.
- Updating and writing website content and reviewing analytics.
- Tracking, measuring, and optimizing the effectiveness of digital campaign performance.
Skills and Qualifications
Qualified individuals should have strong writing abilities and skills in digital marketing, print and social media, and passion for conveying our mission. Other necessary skills and qualifications include:
- Three – five years of experience in non-profit or corporate communications and marketing.
- Knowledge of marketing-related business practices, including digital promotion, social media, market research, and budgeting.
- Proficiency with marketing-related CRM software programs including Canva, Adobe Create Cloud, and WordPress.
- Effective communication skills and adaptable communication style for interacting with team members and clients.
- Time management and organizational skills in order to simultaneously plan, prioritize and execute both large and small marketing projects and initiatives.
- Leadership skills that will motivate team members.
- Analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Bilingual Spanish/English capacity; passion for, and experience with working or volunteering in underserved communities are beneficial.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business, advertising or other related field.
Compensation: This full-time, exempt position includes a salary range of $75-$80K based on experience with generous benefits that include medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, holidays and a great group of colleagues and clients.
Application Process: Please submit to email@example.com: a cover letter, resume and three writing samples that showcase your ability to create promotional copy (for example, a press release, article, flyer, brochure, etc.) Please note “Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusiveness with respect to age, ancestry, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical abilities, race, religion, sexual orientation, and veteran status.
Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.