SUPERVISED BY: Teresa Perez, Program Manager
LOCATION: North Fair Oaks, CA
HOURS: Full Time, 12 months/year
SALARY: $60K to $70K based on experience and qualifications
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit working to create sustainable economic development through small business ownership. At our four offices and remote program sites, we deliver high-quality business training support services to socially and economically diverse men and women starting and expanding microenterprises.
Renaissance seeks a Program Coordinator to coordinate programs and services, provide direct client business consultations and financial consultations, marketing and outreach, and events administration. This position is based in East Palo Alto and will focus on programs in Menlo Park and EPA while supporting other programs in the organization. This position requires a self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced but process-oriented environment, works well with a diverse group of people, is highly organized and effective, and is passionate about entrepreneurship and economic development. The position also requires the ability to provide case management, work directly with clients, consultants, and instructors, write program reports, and maintain strict timelines.
Reporting Relationship(s): The Program Coordinator reports to the Renaissance-Peninsula Program Manager and works closely with fellow program staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate the day-to-day administration of business planning and readiness classes and financial education classes and workshops, working closely with consultants, clients, and Renaissance staff.
- Serve as the initial point of contact with prospective clients; guide clients through the application process for Renaissance services; collect the required paperwork.
- Introduce entrepreneurs and potential business owners to economic development resources and provide direct support/assistance with business planning and growth processes, including basic consulting and technical assistance.
- Coordinate and implement administrative tasks for classes and training, including scheduling, registration, materials, facilities set-up, media notification, and event implementation
- Evaluation and Impact Tracking – monitor the progress of client businesses and counseling sessions; proactively participate in data tracking and other efforts to gauge programmatic success for funder reports, outreach, program evaluation, and opportunities for program growth.
- Assist colleagues in other programs, public outreach efforts, media events, donor events, and other types of meetings. Attend off-site meetings, networking events, and tabling opportunities.
- Coordinate orientations to our services and facilitate introductory workshops
Work schedule varies but can include weekday evenings and weekend hours. Local travel to remote training sites, presentations, and events is also required.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university program in Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field, or the equivalent of three or more years of related community-based administrative experience
- At least one year of demonstrated experience in business ownership, business consulting, teaching, training business management, and/or business development is preferred. Passion for entrepreneurship is required.
- Knowledge of general business practices, applicable laws, ordinances, and regulations related to small business ownership and operations, and ability to convey these to emerging entrepreneurs
- Ability to manage diverse client business casework and to evaluate, motivate, and monitor business consultants in multiple industries; understanding of curriculum and adult learning is a plus.
- Demonstrated capacity in assessment and evaluation, problem-solving, and action orientation in administering multiple/simultaneous projects
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; strength in making presentations to individuals and groups and in writing clear and concise reports, correspondence, and other materials. Ability to convey information to diverse audiences in a constructive, clear way.
- Must be fluently bilingual in Spanish/English
- Availability for a flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours. Able to travel to remote training sites and events. A California driver’s License is required.
- Proficient in Gmail, and Microsoft Office and ability to work with data and databases.
- Marketing experience and Photoshop are a plus.
Salary and Benefits
This full-time, 35-hour/week position includes a competitive salary based on experience with benefits that include medical and dental insurance, 401K, paid time off, and holidays.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Peninsula Program Coordinator-NFO” as the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries, please.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity with respect to age, ancestry, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, sexual orientation, veteran status and physical abilities.