- This event has passed.
Start Smart (WBC)
January 12 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Duration: 2:30 hours "Once a week for 4 weeks"
This class will meet for 2.5 hours once a week for four weeks.
If you are ready to start a small business or are very new to business, this class is for you! Start Smart is a four-week course where you will learn the basic tools and business fundamentals needed to start-up successfully. You will work with a Business Model Canvas (a visual hands-on tool) to get your ideas down on paper, test, refine and confirm concepts, and adjust your conclusions about customer needs.
- Learn how to define your vision
- Create a mission statement
- Assess your skills, passion and resources
- Craft a business strategy to match your reality
- Test the viability of your products and services
Class Ground Rules
As a Start Smart participant, you agree to:
- Have your camera turned on during all class sessions and be ready to actively participate
- Complete all required readings and submit assignments between classes
- Select ONE business idea for which you will complete all course assignments
- Submit a Business Model Canvas by the last class and conduct a short presentation
*We strongly encourage students to join using a computer to get the best experience. Phones can be utilized if there is no other option available.
Instructor: Beth Houtrow
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions, or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the SBA. All SBA programs or cosponsored programs are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made, if requested, at least 2 weeks in advance. Contact: Isla, Isla@rencenter.org, (415) 348-6227register here
- Isla Covarrubias
- (415) 348-6227
August 9 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm
August 9 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
August 10 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm