- This event has passed.
Start Smart (East Bay Virtual via Zoom 2/27-4/10/2023)
February 27 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
This class will meet for 2.5 hours over Zoom once a week for Seven weeks.
If you are ready to start a small business or are very new to business, this class is for you! Start Smart is a seven-week course where you will learn the basic tools and business fundamentals needed to start up successfully. You will work with a Business Model Canvas (a visual hands-on tool) to get your ideas down on paper, test, refine and confirm concepts, and adjust your conclusions about customer needs.
- Learn how to define your vision
- Create a mission statement
- Assess your skills, passion, and resources
- Craft a business strategy to match your reality
- Test the viability of your products and services
Class Ground Rules
As a Start Smart participant, you agree to the following:
- Have your camera turned on during all class sessions and be ready to participate actively
- Complete all required readings and submit assignments between classes
- Select ONE business idea for which you will complete all course assignments
- Submit a Business Model Canvas by the last class and conduct a short presentation
*We strongly encourage students to join using a computer to get the best experience. Phones can be utilized if there is no other option available.
Skip the long zoom registration and use the client portal instead:
There is a new way to register! You can now register using your client profile. By setting up a client profile, you will not have to fill out the same personal information for each workshop you register for, making it faster and easier in the long run!
a) If you already have a Client Portal Profile, click the Register button below.
- In the Client Portal, go to the Calendar tab (top left) and select Start Smart (East Bay 02/27-04/10/2023) click enroll, answer the questions, and submit! You will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link.
b) If you don’t have a Client Portal profile, create one at this link. Make sure to use the same email address you have used in the past with Renaissance. You may change it later, but this allows our system to recognize you.
If you already have an intake form on file, you’ll see the Calendar tab in the top left.
If you do not, you will need to fill one out before you can see the Calendar tab. It may also ask you to update your information. The user interface isn’t perfect, so make sure to scroll up and keep clicking “Continue” or “Sign” in order to complete the forms. If you have any problems during this, please contact Tatiana Hermeston- Tatiana@rencenter.org
Once the Calendar tab is visible, you can register by going to your profile’s calendar tab and selecting Start Smart (East Bay 02/27-04/10/2023) hit enroll, answer the questions and submit! You will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link.
You can also watch this video that will show you step by step how to create the Client Portal
If you have any questions about the class or you have problems with creating a client profile, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com!
- February 27
5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
- Start Smart (East Bay Virtual via Zoom 2/27-4/10/2023)
- Event Categories:
- Start Smart, Introductory Classes
- Event Tags:
- #eastbay, #startsmart, #virtual
- Tatiana Hermeston, Program Manager
- View Organizer Website
Start Smart (East Bay Virtual via Zoom 2/27-4/10/2023)March 27 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Business PrepMarch 28 @ 5:30 pm - 8:30 pm
Start Smart (San Jose – 6 Weeks)March 28 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm