- This event has passed.
Independent Contractor Agreements (EAC 5/22/2023)
May 22 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Successful independent contractor relationships happen when you:
• Select a contractor who is a good working fit for the situation
• Set clear mutual expectations about the relationship
• Prepare a clearly defined detailed scope of work
• Set performance standards for quantity, quality, timing of work
• Agree on pricing that matches risk and performance
• Agree in advance how you will handle disagreements and the end of the relationship
This workshop will guide you step by step through the process of creating a simple, generic independent contractor agreement that works. We will also discuss how to deal with contractor performance problems during this time of economic uncertainty, including how to modify your contracts.
Although these pro bono educational sessions are led by an experienced business attorney, these programs do not constitute legal advice.
By registering for this program, you acknowledge and agree that:
• This educational group discussion is not privileged or confidential, and does not constitute a legal consultation or legal advice.
• Your attendance does not establish an attorney-client relationship or obligate The San Francisco Community Business Law Center (the “BLC”) or Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (“Renaissance”) to provide any ongoing legal services or any follow-up information regarding changes in laws or regulations.
• It will not be possible for the BLC or Renaissance to review or prepare legal documents for you, or to individually advise or represent you regarding any legal matter or legal dispute.
• No recording or publication of BLC materials is allowed. Please do not duplicate, quote, or excerpt without specific written permission.
• You are eligible for pro bono legal education and self-help support for local San Francisco Bay Area low-income community microbusiness owners who cannot afford to pay a lawyer.
• Renaissance and the BLC do not make referrals to for-profit law firms or legal service companies, and do not permit any program participant to solicit or refer to for-profit law firms or legal service companies (or other for-profit professional firms).
This workshop is available in partnership with the San Francisco Community Business Law Center!register here
- May 22
6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Legal Workshop
- Event Tags:
- Renaissance Mid-Peninsula, Renaissance Peninsula
- Amanda Anthony
Pregúntale a La Abogada: Horas de Oficina (WBC)June 6 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Canva: How to Design NewslettersJune 6 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Business Certification Networking Orientation – South San Mateo CountyJune 7 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm