- This event has passed.
First Fridays Preventive Business Law Office Hours for Entrepreneurs (WBC) 3/4/2022
March 4 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
Duration: 1:30 hours
Advance registration is required by 4:00 p.m. the previous day, and space will be limited
You can and should take charge of legal protection for your community microbusiness by learning how to identify the legal risks in your individual business plan and make wise preventive risk choices. We will help you learn how to do this with a simple process, and then use available free nonprofit legal resources in self-help mode to prevent messy, disruptive, and expensive legal problems before they can seriously damage your business plans.
Join us on the First Friday of each month to learn how to navigate through the complicated and confusing legal system so your community microbusiness can successfully launch, survive, and thrive.
After an introduction to preventive legal risk management methods and resources, we may answer brief questions on any of these topics on a first-come, first-serve basis:
- Legal entity choices
- Funding transaction legal issues
- Business contracts of all kinds
- Protecting your intellectual property – ideas, brands, and designs
- Hiring safely – basic labor and employment law
- Commercial leases
- Regulatory compliance
Although led by an experienced business attorney, these educational sessions do not constitute legal advice.
By registering for this program, you acknowledge and agree that:
- This general educational group discussion is not privileged or confidential, and does not constitute a legal consultation or legal advice;
- Your attendance does not establish an attorney-client relationship or obligate The San Francisco Community Business Law Center (the “BLC”) or Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (“Renaissance”) to provide any ongoing legal services or any follow-up information regarding changes in laws or regulations;
- It will not be possible for the BLC or Renaissance to review or prepare legal documents for you, or to individually advise or represent you regarding any legal matter or legal dispute;
- You are eligible for pro bono legal education and self-help support for local San Francisco Bay Area low-income community microbusiness owners who cannot afford to pay a lawyer; and
- Renaissance and the BLC do not make referrals to for-profit law firms or legal service companies, and do not permit any program participant to solicit or refer to for-profit law firms or legal service companies (or other similar for-profit professional firms).
There is a new way to register! You can now register using your client profile. By setting up a client profile, you will not have to fill out the same personal information for each workshop you register for, making it faster and easier in the long run!
a) If you already have a Client Portal Profile, click the Register button below.
- In the Client Portal, go to the Calendar tab (top left) and select First Fridays Preventive Business Law Office Hours for Entrepreneurs (WBC 3/4/22), click enroll, answer the questions, and submit! You will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link.
b) If you don’t have a Client Portal profile, create one at this link. Make sure to use the same email address you have used in the past with Renaissance. You may change it later, but this allows our system to recognize you.
If you already have an intake form on file, you’ll see the Calendar tab in the top left.
If you do not, you will need to fill one out before you can see the Calendar tab. It may also ask you to update your information. The user interface isn’t perfect, so make sure to scroll up and keep clicking “Continue” or “Sign” in order to complete the forms. If you have any problems during this, please contact Isla Covarrubias at email@example.com.
Once the Calendar tab is visible, you can register by going to your profile’s calendar tab and selecting First Fridays Preventive Business Law Office Hours for Entrepreneurs (WBC 3/4/22), hit enroll, answer the questions and submit! You will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link.
You can also watch this video that will show you step by step how to create the Client Portal
If you have any questions about the class or you have problems with creating a client profile, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org!
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions, or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the SBA. All SBA programs or cosponsored programs are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made, if requested, at least 2 weeks in advance. Contact: Isla, Isla@rencenter.org, (415) 348-6227
- Isla Covarrubias
- (415) 348-6227