- This event has passed.
Before you Sign that Lease
January 25 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
The pre-printed lease form is complex and confusing, and the broker is pressuring you to sign right now – but wait!
Before you sign that lease and move in, there are many parts of an office, retail, or other commercial lease that you can and MUST negotiate with the landlord to increase the odds of success for your business.
An experienced business and real estate attorney will help you understand the fine print in typical commercial leases, with emphasis on the lease terms and commercial real estate laws that can help you get through periods of financial difficulty or deal with a non-performing landlord.
We will also discuss the process of renewing, amending or modifying your lease during an economic down-cycle.
By registering for this program, you acknowledge and agree that:
- This educational group discussion is not privileged or confidential, and does not constitute a legal consultation or legal advice.
- Your attendance does not establish an attorney-client relationship or obligate The San Francisco Community Business Law Center (the “BLC”) or Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (“Renaissance”) to provide any ongoing legal services or any follow-up information regarding changes in laws or regulations.
- It will not be possible for the BLC or Renaissance to review or prepare legal documents for you, or to individually advise or represent you regarding any legal matter or legal dispute.
- No recording or publication of BLC materials is allowed. Please do not duplicate, quote, or excerpt without specific written permission.
- You are eligible for pro bono legal education and self-help support for local San Francisco Bay Area low-income community microbusiness owners who cannot afford to pay a lawyer.
- Renaissance and the BLC do not make referrals to for-profit law firms or legal service companies, and do not permit any program participant to solicit or refer to for-profit law firms or legal service companies (or other for-profit professional firms).
If you are an existing Renaissance client, please log in to your Client Portal account to register, using the “Register” button.
If you are not an existing Renaissance client, please go to tinyurl.com/RenClientPortal to register. Contact Carlos Reyes at email@example.com if you have any troubles.register here
- Amanda Anthony