- This event has passed.
Building Your Marketing Strategy (WBC)
September 13 @ 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Duration: Once a week (Wednesdays) for 6 weeks
A house needs a solid foundation. So does your business. This 6-week online course will walk you through the marketing landscape, creating a marketing strategy, overcoming the social media mental block, and keeping your content in order.
- Sep 13 Course Overview + Digital Marketing 101 – Here, we’ll go through the expectations of the course and lay a foundation of what digital marketing entails and how it impacts your business.
- Sep 20: Understanding your business + Customers – We’ll talk competitive landscape, unique selling points, and everything target market in this class. Because knowing your audience is KEY in marketing.
- Sep 27: Creating a Product Flow – Every business has an introductory product. In this class, we’ll go through how people move through your business, what your introductory product is, and how to use that flow to set up a messaging hierarchy.
- Oct 4: Content Strategy + Calendar – You know your customers. You know your product. Now it’s time to tell people about it. We’ll go through HOW to do that and start to set up an actionable calendar in this class.
- Oct 11: Executing Content – It seems daunting, but with some key tools, it really isn’t. We’ll go through Canva and scheduling platforms in this class to put into motion the content we scheduled out in the previous class.
- Oct 18: Email marketing – This is one of the most overlooked channels in marketing and the cheapest. Let’s tackle it together.
Sessions: Sep 13, 20, 27, Oct 4, Oct 11 and 18.
Facilitator: Christina Hunt
Christina Hunt is a trained marketing professional. She’s worked on creating product (Under Armour, USA), on managing a brand (Kit and Ace, UK), on overall marketing and sales strategy (BOOM Cycle, UK), on the media and communications strategy and execution (Carat GmbH, Germany), on Facebook and Instagram advertising strategy and execution (Facebook, USA), and many things in between. Now she takes her lessons and learnings to work with small-to-medium-sized businesses across the globe. Christina says, “Helping others like this is my greatest joy, it’s my way of making an impact. Something I felt I never did while working in the corporate world”.
There is a new way to register! You can now register using your client profile. By setting up a client profile, you will not have to fill out the same personal information for each workshop you register for, making it faster and easier in the long run!
a) If you already have a Client Portal Profile, click the Register button below.
- In the Client Portal, go to the Calendar tab (top left) and select 6-week Building Your Digital Marketing Strategy – Fall 2023 (WBC), click enroll, answer the questions, and submit! You will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link.
b) If you don’t have a Client Portal profile, create one at this link. Make sure to use the same email address you have used in the past with Renaissance. You may change it later, but this allows our system to recognize you.
If you already have an intake form on file, you’ll see the Calendar tab in the top left.
If you do not, you will need to fill one out before you can see the Calendar tab. It may also ask you to update your information. The user interface isn’t perfect, so make sure to scroll up and keep clicking “Continue” or “Sign” in order to complete the forms. If you have any problems during this, please contact Isla Covarrubias at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the Calendar tab is visible, you can register by going to your profile’s calendar tab and selecting 6-week Building Your Digital Marketing Strategy – Fall 2023 (WBC), hit enroll, answer the questions and submit! You will receive a confirmation email with the Zoom link.
You can also watch this video that will show you step by step how to create the Client Portal
If you have any questions about the class or you have problems with creating a client profile, please do not hesitate to email email@example.com!
Renaissance WBC is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions, or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the SBA. All SBA programs or cosponsored programs are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made, if requested, at least 2 weeks in advance. Contact: Isla, Isla@rencenter.org, (415) 348-6227register here
October 4 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
October 4 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
October 4 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm