Position: Evaluation and Impact Manager
Reports to: CEO
Works with: Program teams as well as Development, Finance and Marketing colleagues
Supervise: Part-time Data Entry Assistant, Data and Evaluation Interns and Volunteers
Location: San Francisco, CA
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) is seeking a Manager of Evaluation and Impact to lead comprehensive efforts to capture, report, analyze, and learn from our clients’ experiences. Our ideal new colleague believes in our mission and uses client data and analysis as a mirror to measure our outcomes and impact, and further our metrics-driven growth and program development. They will champion our client data management processes and work collaboratively with colleagues across the organization to ensure we use our data to deepen and broaden the impact of our work. This position is ideal for a creative, analytical, and independent team player who can collaborate with stakeholders throughout the organization.
Renaissance is a not-for-profit social impact organization working at the intersection of social, racial and economic justice to transform lives and communities through entrepreneurship. We deliver comprehensive entrepreneurship training, access to capital, special programs for women and ongoing support that directly addresses the challenges disadvantaged communities face as they strive to achieve economic mobility. Our work demonstrates that through small business ownership, individuals who face systemic barriers to economic opportunity due to race, gender, sexual orientation, income level, immigration status, or former incarceration can achieve economic mobility, create better futures for themselves and their families, and play pivotal roles in building local economic prosperity.
Note: During the current coronavirus pandemic, Renaissance is adhering to health and safety social distance protocols; all staff are currently working from home. As protocols are adjusted and the pandemic evolves, this position will be primarily based in San Francisco.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Key duties include, but are not limited to:
Programs Assessment and Reporting: The Evaluation and Impact Manager will work closely with program staff throughout the organization to maintain our client tracking systems, coordinate the collection, entry, storage, analysis of information used to measure outcomes, formulate organizational dashboards, and report on grants:
- Monitor government, corporate and foundation grant requirements and outcomes reporting, based on deep understanding of new and existing grant deliverables and reporting guidelines, grant operations systems and processes.
- Create monthly program deliverables progress matrix; allocate clients/enrollments to appropriate grants; review consultant invoices to ensure appropriate grant allocation.
- Extract and gather data queries for monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Maintain client document filing system in accordance with grant requirements; prepare for program audits as requested by grantor organizations.
- Create quantitative reporting to inform data-driven decision-making, based on database and client outcomes data.
- Ensure accurate and timely data uploading and downloading from our database (currently, Renaissance uses VistaShare Outcome Tracker) as required by grants and funders.
- Participate in program activities, workshops, events on occasion, to observe client interaction, data tracking, program delivery, assisting program teams as needed.
- Work with leadership to design and execute annual impact surveys: coordinating interview process with peer staff; conducting client interviews, inputting and uploading data, overseeing analysis.
- Conduct quarterly mini-surveys of clients via phone, email or in-person.
- Provide (internally and externally) information and analysis for the purposes of program improvement, development, and strategic leadership.
- Produce quarterly reports for Renaissance Board of Directors; create year-end and other reports summarizing organizational impact.
- Undertake/initiate new opportunities in organization-wide evaluation, impact and data systems (re)design as they arise.
- Support ongoing data collection, standardized data entry practices, and analysis for all sites. Directly manage data entry for events and consultations.
- Ensure integrity of the MIS (VistaShare) structure and content; maintain Renaissance Outcome Tracker and User Guide, policies and procedures.
- Optimize and update organization-wide data forms annually.
- Fulfill reports and data requests for program and development staff and board; provide data to help the organization make metrics-driven decisions.
- Visit each satellite office team monthly and represent Renaissance in occasional webinars, share data management best practices internally and externally.
- Continuously innovate processes to make data management and evaluation more efficient and informative.
- Train staff, interns and volunteers on data collection, data entry and reporting; help with data entry/data collection and collaborate to address any data needs.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Qualified individuals will have five-ten years of experience in program implementation, economic development, and/or research and data management with a vision towards using lessons learned upstream in program growth.
- Passion for the story that data can tell; ability to research, decipher and assess impact from data points and trends.
- Exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and joy in managing complex systems, tracking data, metrics and moving parts.
- Excellent project management skills and ability to lead a team in executing multi-stage projects.
- Significant experience creating database queries and reports; Experience with SQL-based database preferred. (Renaissance uses Vistashare Outcome Tracker, Constant Contact, EDMIS, Monday.com among others for client data, outreach, and project management.)
- Proficiency with Excel/Google Sheets, and use of these tools in data analysis, uploading, reporting.
- Can-do attitude and willingness to take initiative and ownership.
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively with teammates at all organizational levels.
- Flexibility and comfort in a fast-paced, inclusive environment and community.
Compensation: This full-time, exempt position includes a salary range of $75-$80K based on experience, with generous benefits that include medical, dental, vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, holidays, and a great group of colleagues and clients.
Application Process: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Evaluation and Impact Manager” as the subject line of your email. In your cover letter, or as an attachment, please describe an initiative you have participated in to improve organizational impact. No telephone calls or personal inquiries please.
Renaissance is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusiveness with respect to age, ancestry, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical abilities, race, religion, sexual orientation, and veteran status.
Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.