JOB TITLE: Temporary Front Desk Associate, Part-Time, Non-exempt (Afternoons/Evenings)
SCHEDULE/HOURS: 20 hours per week, Lunes-Jueves from 4:00pm-9:00pm
TERM: 3 to 6 Months
REPORTS TO: Client Success Manager, Women’s Business Center and SoMa Programs
LOCATION: 275 5th Street, San Francisco, CA 94103
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center seeks a Temporary Front Desk Associate to assist clients and provide support for afternoon/evening virtual and in-person activities for our Renaissance Women’s Business Center program that occur virtually and at our South of Market headquarters at at 275 Fifth Street, San Francisco, where we offer multiple classes, workshops, and networking events, and host over 30 small business and community organization tenants. This is a temporary, but important role to ensure the smooth success of our programs, and support for our staff, consultants, tenants and small business clients. Our ideal teammate possesses excellent customer service and people skills, is detail-oriented, reliable, flexible, and resourceful. They take pride in ensuring that our programs are running safely and securely.
Renaissance is a not-for-profit social impact organization working at the intersection of social, racial and economic justice to transform lives and communities through entrepreneurship. We deliver comprehensive entrepreneurship training, access to capital, special programs for women and ongoing support that directly addresses the challenges disadvantaged communities face as they strive to achieve economic mobility. Our work demonstrates that through small business ownership, individuals who face systemic barriers to economic opportunity due to race, gender, sexual orientation, income level, immigration status, or former incarceration can achieve economic mobility, create better futures for themselves and their families, and play pivotal roles in building local economic prosperity.
Deberes y responsabilidades esenciales:
- Online Class Management: Open Zoom meetings for scheduled online classes, ensuring all participants have access and can join the sessions without any technical issues. Support instructors with breakout rooms and online class etiquette.
- Technical Support: Provide prompt technical assistance to both participants and instructors to resolve any technical challenges they may encounter during online classes. This may include troubleshooting audio/video connectivity, screen sharing, or any other platform-related issues.
- Attendance Tracking: Maintain accurate attendance records for all classes, noting participant attendance, and reporting any patterns of absence or connectivity problems to the relevant department.
- Customer Service: Deliver outstanding customer service to all online and in-person class participants, addressing their needs professionally and promptly, and ensuring a positive learning experience.
- Evaluation: Collect student feedback and surveys after classes are completed.
- In-Person Program Facilitation: Screen and direct building guests and visitors to appropriate staff, tenants or programs. Oversee the front door, sign in clients coming for classes or events, and direct them to the appropriate meeting space. Maintain presence in the front lobby and enforce security and safety policies. ∙ Conduct building walk-throughs to close building services: ensure guests and clients have departed, technology and other equipment is closed down and secured, classroom and meeting spaces are reset as needed, event refreshments are tidied, and building alarm is set.
- General Program Support: Communicate class information to instructors and clients pre and post classes as needed. Support program staff and consultants with tech support, the client intake process and overseeing the coordination of our training programs, as needed.
- Assist with program data entry or other duties as needed.
- Motivated, energetic candidate with commitment to providing highest quality of customer service
- Communication and organizational skills
- Resourceful, dependable, detail oriented, problem solver
- Demonstrated experience and comfort with computer, audiovisual, telephone and voice–mail systems
- Ability to both work independently and collaboratively with teammates ● Experience with online learning systems including Zoom. Experience using Kajabi is a plus but not required.
- PC skills including Microsoft Office and Windows 7, Google Platform, Lunes.com ● Minimum of High School diploma required
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
Compensación: This temporary, part-time, non-exempt position includes a competitive hourly wage of $24-$28/hour.
Proceso de aplicación: Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting “Front Desk Associate” as the subject of your email and writing to the attention of Martha Gil. No telephone calls or personal inquiries, please.
Plazo de aplicación: August 18th, 2023 (position open until filled; applications reviewed on a rolling basis)
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center believes in the dignity and rights of all persons. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusiveness with respect to age, AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, color, creed, disability, domestic partner status, ethnicity, gender identity, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, and physical abilities. Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.
Renaissance (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building better communities for 36 years by helping lower-income women and men start and grow their own businesses, transforming the lives of their owners, and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant neighborhoods. Renaissance operates multiple program centers and off-site programs throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.