Posición: North County Program Manager, Fulltime, Exempt
Schedule: 35 hours per week, Lunes -Viernes, occasional evenings and weekends
Reporta a: Program Director, Amanda Anthony
Ubicación: South San Francisco
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (www.rencenter.org) seeks a fulltime Program Manager to lead the team managing and operating a wide range of North San Mateo County-based programs and services and playing a key role in developing programs and collaborative community relationships. The ideal candidate has experience in the diverse communities of North San Mateo County, passion and expertise in small business and economic development, proven experience in program design and management, and leadership in working with diverse clients and community stakeholders.
Renaissance (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 nonprofit working to create sustainable economic development through small business ownership. Across the Bay, we deliver high-quality business training support services to socially and economically diverse men and women starting and expanding microenterprises. Renaissance Peninsula programs include Renaissance-standard startup programs, The Business of Childcare, and additional services for family child care providers, and the Business Certification program. We provide programming through innovative collaborations with JobTrain and other San Mateo County service providers at the Economic Advancement Center in South San Francisco and the Economic and Employment Center in North Fair Oaks.
The Program Manager’s schedule is generally 9:30-5:30 M-F, on-site at our offices in the Economic Advancement Center or 366 Grand, South San Francisco. However, occasional evening and weekend hours will help our new colleague represent Renaissance and connect to the community through our programs, partner and community events.
Deberes y responsabilidades esenciales:
- Plan appropriate programming and events to support the business community in North San Mateo County within the mission of the Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center.
- Recruit, train, manage and evaluate consultants and volunteers who deliver client services; Ensure client satisfaction and quality program standards are met.
- Monitor program and budget progress against grant deliverables; prepare progress reports for funders quarterly/as required. Support other grant management and proposal development, as needed.
- Create and manage relationships with partners and stakeholders in government, in business, and in the community. Be available for outreach and relationship management opportunities that may fall outside of traditional business hours.
- Manage North San Mateo County team, including professional development and growth opportunities.
- Passion for entrepreneurship and economic development; particularly for diverse communities.
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable combination of at least 5-10 years of experience in small business ownership, economic development and/or senior management.
- Excellent organization skills and detail orientation; Ability to address multiple priorities and program deliverables simultaneously.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate a compelling and inspired sense of purpose.
- Experience in nonprofit organizations and government grant program management, delivering program excellence on time and within budget. Understanding of government grant reporting requirements and grant budget management.
- Experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with elected officials and senior leadership within governments and non-profit organizations.
- Comfort working in a small, highly communicative, collaborative, fast-paced, and mission-driven organization. Ability to manage and inspire staff and to work well in a team.
- Working knowledge of Spanish, Tagalog or Chinese.
- Proven familiarity with the diverse communities of North San Mateo County.
- Experience and comfort with Google Platform, Canva, Zoom, client databases, and government reporting portals.
- Ability to travel around the Bay Area for client outreach, program marketing, building partnerships with fellow organizations, and celebrating client successes at their places of business.
Sueldo y beneficios: This is a full-time, exempt position. Competitive salary ($80,000-$85,000 based on experience) and generous benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401K, paid time off, holidays, and a great group of colleagues and clients.
Proceso de aplicación: Please send a cover letter and resume to Jobs@rencenter.org. Please note “North County Program Manager” as the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries, please.
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity with respect to age, ancestry, color, ethnicity, gender, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, sexual orientation, veteran status and physical abilities.
Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the California Fair Chance Act in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.