- This event has passed.
Working with Independent Contractor Agreements (WBC)
January 19 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Duration: 3 hours
Presented by The San Francisco Community Business Law Center
Successful independent contractor project outcome often depends on establishing and documenting realistic expectations for contract scope, performance standards, and pricing. This interactive workshop will guide you step by step through the process of creating a simple, generic independent contractor agreement that works. We will also discuss options for dealing with the contractor performance problems facing many small business owners during this time of Covid-19 pandemic and economic uncertainty, including the process of amending or modifying a contract if necessary.
Although taught by an experienced business attorney, this class does not constitute legal advice.
By attending this program you acknowledge and confirm that:
- This general educational group program is not privileged or confidential, and does not constitute a legal consultation or legal advice.
- Your attendance does not establish an attorney-client relationship or obligate The San Francisco Community Business Law Center (the “BLC”) or Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (“Renaissance”) to provide any ongoing legal services or any follow-up information regarding changes in laws or regulations.
- It will not be possible for the BLC or Renaissance to review or prepare legal documents for you, or to advise or represent you regarding any legal dispute or litigation matter.
- No recording/publication is allowed. Please do not quote or excerpt this material without permission.
- You are eligible for pro bono legal education and self-help support for local San Francisco Bay Area low-income community microbusiness owners who cannot afford to pay a lawyer.
- Renaissance and the BLC do not make referrals to for-profit law firms or legal service companies, and do not permit any program participant to solicit or refer to for-profit law firms or legal service companies (or other similar for-profit professional firms).
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions, or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the SBA. All SBA programs or cosponsored programs are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made, if requested, at least 2 weeks in advance. Contact: Isla, Isla@rencenter.org, (415) 348-6227register here
- January 19
6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Event Category:
- Legal Workshop
- Isla Covarrubias
- (415) 348-6227
June 3 @ 9:30 am - 11:00 am
June 15 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
November 7 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm