- This event has passed.
Legal Entity Choices for Our New Economy (WBC)
January 12 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Duration: 3 hours
How do you make a good legal entity choice for your business? Information about sole proprietorships, general partnerships, LLC’s, many different types of corporations, newer alternatives like co-ops and triple bottom line entities can be confusing and full of marketing hype. Did you know that the legal protection of corporations and LLC’s is NOT automatic, and you could easily end up with nothing but a cool business name and a false sense of security? This workshop walks you through a decision process to help you decide what legal entity choice is best for your business plans.
Although taught by an experienced business attorney, this class does not constitute legal advice.
By registering for this program you acknowledge and confirm that:
- This general educational group program is not privileged or confidential, and does not constitute a legal consultation or legal advice.
- Your attendance does not establish an attorney-client relationship or obligate The San Francisco Community Business Law Center (the “BLC”) or Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center (“Renaissance”) to provide any ongoing legal services or any follow-up information regarding changes in laws or regulations.
- It will not be possible for the BLC or Renaissance to review or prepare legal documents for you, or to advise or represent you regarding any legal dispute or litigation matter.
- No recording/publication is allowed. Please do not quote or excerpt this material without permission.
- You are eligible for pro bono legal education and self-help support for local San Francisco Bay Area low-income community microbusiness owners who cannot afford to pay a lawyer.
- Renaissance and the BLC do not make referrals to for-profit law firms or legal service companies, and do not permit any program participant to solicit or refer to for-profit law firms or legal service companies (or other similar for-profit professional firms).
Funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration. All opinions, conclusions, or recommendations expressed are those of the author(s) and do not necessarily reflect the view of the SBA. All SBA programs or cosponsored programs are extended to the public on a nondiscriminatory basis. Reasonable accommodations for persons with disabilities will be made, if requested, at least 2 weeks in advance. Contact: Isla, Isla@rencenter.org, (415) 348-6227register here
- Isla Covarrubias
- (415) 348-6227
May 31 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pm
June 1 @ 5:30 pm - 8:00 pm
June 2 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm