Report to: Bayview Center Director
Location: Bayview Hunters Point Community, San Francisco, CA
Works with: Program Staff, Business Consultants and Community Stakeholders
Renaissance Entrepreneurship Center seeks a passionate and professional colleague to join our Renaissance
Bayview team in San Francisco’s Bayview Hunters Point community. The ideal candidate will engage both
clients and community partners enthusiastically while promoting our programs and services, take pride and
ownership in their work and is passionate about business, community and economic development, particularly
in communities of color.
Note: During the coronavirus pandemic, Renaissance is adhering to the health and safety protocols
established by federal, state and local health officials; all staff are currently working from home. As the
pandemic recedes and current safety protocols are adjusted, the position will be located at our
Renaissance Bayview office in San Francisco.
Renaissance (www.rencenter.org) is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit social impact organization. We have been building
better communities for 35 years by helping lower income women and men start and grow their own
businesses, transforming the lives of their owners and creating sustainable jobs, economic vitality, and vibrant
neighborhoods. Renaissance operates four program centers and multiple off-site programs throughout the
San Francisco Bay Area.
- Coordinate multiple programs and services, including classes and workshops, community events, technical
assistance, one-to-one consulting, group mentoring and peer support among others.
- Develop program schedules and coordinate in-person and virtual meetings.
- Maintain multiple program calendars for both on-line and on-site training and services.
- Provide occasional evening and weekend support for classes, workshops, and events as needed.
Marketing & Outreach
- Coordinate marketing, communication, and public outreach efforts to promote programs and services
- Provide information regarding programs and services at community meetings, networking events and
- Create and distribute marketing material, including flyers and newsletters in-person, through email and
various social media channels (i.e. Facebook, Twitter).
- Assist in researching and preparing various types of communication materials (e.g. website information,
client info., fact sheet)
Client Tracking and Program Impact
- Collect and input client and program data into org-wide database (VistaShare, Outcome Tracker), follow
up with clients and program team to ensure complete and accurate data.
- Collaborate with Data and Evaluation Coordinator and program team to ensure excellence in grant
implementation and reporting
General Office Support
- Coordinate the maintenance and repair of office equipment and communication systems with the
Renaissance Facilities and Operations Manager, including copier maintenance, telephone and internet
- Order new office equipment and supplies as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications
- Detail-oriented, self-starting, creative thinker with effective project administration skills and ability to take
initiative on a variety of assignments
- Comfortable working with a small, highly communicative, collaborative, fast-paced and mission driven
- Familiarity working in diverse communities such as San Francisco’s Bayview Hunters’ Point, Visitacion and
- Enthusiasm for utilizing new technologies to improve interaction between clients, staff and community
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office, Google, Canva and Zoom
- Marketing, outreach and social media skills
- Knowledge of small business, community and economic development
- Data collection and entry experience
- Ability to travel to off-site trainings (classes & workshops), client businesses and community events,
including occasional evening and weekends
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred
Salary and Benefits: Competitive salary in the high 50Ks based on experience. Benefits include medical,
dental, vision, 401K and paid time off. This is a full-time, non-exempt position.
Application Process: Please send resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note
“Bayview Program Coordinator” in the subject line of your email. No telephone calls or personal inquiries
please. Applications reviewed on a rolling basis. Applications submitted by 10/31 will be prioritized.
Renaissance believes in the dignity and rights of all persons. We are an equal opportunity employer
committed to diversity and inclusiveness with respect to age, AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, color, creed,
disability, domestic partner status, ethnicity, gender identity (transgender status), marital status, medical
condition, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical abilities, height and weight, and veteran
status. Renaissance considers all qualified applicants for employment and complies with the San Francisco Fair
Chance Ordinance in addressing arrest and conviction records in hiring decisions.